Nominate now for the 2020 measurement awards!
Nominations are now open for the annual National Measurement Institute (NMI) awards.
Our awards recognise individuals or groups excelling in measurement science:
- The NMI Prize recognises outstanding research and work by young people (under the age of 35).
- The Barry Inglis Medal (named after our first Chief Metrologist) recognises significant contributions to measurement science, research and leadership.
See our nomination video
How to nominate
If you are an emerging or established person working in the field of measurement science, you can nominate yourself for an award. Complete the nomination process by:
- filling in the nomination form
- writing a brief description of your work (maximum of two pages)
- including a short description of how your work addresses the eligibility criteria (maximum of two pages)
- attaching independent assessments from up to three supporters of your work
Your friends and colleagues can also nominate you. Check the eligibility requirements or download the form for the NMI Prize or Barry Inglis Medal.
Nominations close at 5pm on Tuesday 14 April.
Announcing the awards
Dr Bruce Warrington, CEO and Chief Metrologist, will announce the winners on Wednesday 20 May, World Metrology Day. This day celebrated globally commemorates the anniversary of the signing of the Metre Convention in 1875.
This year’s theme is ‘Measurements for global trade’. It highlights the important role measurement plays in facilitating fair global trade, ensuring products meet standards and regulations, and satisfying customer quality expectations. Last year’s theme was ‘The International System of Units - Fundamentally better’ which recognised one of the most significant revisions to measurement. The 2019 winners were Dr Maxim Goryachev (NMI Prize) and Associate Professor Wojciech Chrzanowski (The Barry Inglis Medal).
Dr Bruce Warrington, with 2019 winner Associate Professor Wojciech Chrzanowski (Barry Inglis Medal).
Dr Bruce Warrington, with 2019 winner Dr Maxim Goryachev (NMI Prize)
- Read about the NMI Prize and past recipients
- Read about the Barry Inglis Medal and past recipients
- Learn more about the National Measurement Institute
Connect with us
Use the official hashtag #measurementawards to join the conversation and encourage nominations:
- Follow us on Twitter @NMIAustralia
- Follow us on Facebook @NMIAustralia
- Follow the National Measurement Institute on LinkedIn
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 1800 020 076