We have developed a new guideline for offshore greenhouse gas assessment permits.
The new guideline consolidates the 3 existing greenhouse gas assessment permit guidelines:
- Greenhouse gas assessment permits—Requirements of bids and renewal applications
- Greenhouse gas assessment permits—Assessment of bids and renewal applications
- Greenhouse gas guideline work-bid assessment permits—Conditions and administration.
It also addresses amendments to the Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Act 2006 that will come into effect on 2 March 2022.
The new guideline explains how the amendments will impact the application and assessment process for greenhouse gas assessment permits. This includes applications for permits in the 2021 Offshore Greenhouse Gas Storage Acreage Release.
- Register for the 2021 Offshore Greenhouse Gas Storage Acreage Release Webinar.
- See the amended Act on the Federal Register of Legislation.
- Offshore greenhouse gas storage is an initiative to support the deployment of carbon capture and storage.
- Read about how we regulate offshore greenhouse gas storage in Australian Commonwealth waters.
- Learn more about the offshore greenhouse gas storage acreage release process.