New offshore exploration guideline
The Offshore Petroleum Exploration Guideline: Work-bid has been updated. This update clarifies existing processes and reflects changes announced in September 2018 to the acreage release process.
- removing references to re-release and updating options for satisfying a good standing agreement
- additional information on how good standing agreements are managed
- new sections on technical grounds for suspension or suspension and extension
- updates to sections on technical qualifications and financial capacity for consistency with the transfer and dealing (TAD) guideline
- general updates to the guideline, including facilitating payments by credit card and removing the requirement to submit bids in hard copy
The updated guideline will come into effect on 1 July 2019.
How the transition will work
The updated guideline is available on the National Offshore Petroleum Titles Administrator (NOPTA) website. You can read both the existing and updated guideline.
NOPTA will assess all applications under the guideline that was in place at the time of receipt.
For questions about the guidelines, please contact NOPTA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about the reforms to the offshore petroleum exploration acreage release.
Connect with us
Email email@example.com if you prefer a tracked change copy of the updated guideline.