Laminaria-Corallina oilfields decommissioning levy: consultation open
The Australian Government will introduce a temporary levy on offshore petroleum production in Commonwealth waters. This is to recoup the Commonwealth’s costs to decommission and remediate the Laminaria-Corallina oilfields and associated infrastructure.
The government has released a consultation paper to engage with liable entities ahead of draft legislation.
The paper details the operation of the levy, including the:
- liable entities
- levy period
- levy rate and how it will apply.
Interested stakeholders can email feedback on the levy design to email@example.com.
- Read more about the cost recovery levy to decommission Laminaria and Corallina oilfields
- The Minister announced the temporary levy on offshore petroleum production on 11 May 2021
- The Minister announced the decision to decommission the Northern Endeavour on 14 December 2020
- Read more about decommissioning the Northern Endeavour