This online session gives anyone an opportunity to have their say and ask about the future of AI in Australia.
Join us to:
- explore our vision for safe and responsible AI in Australia
- discuss ways to maximise AI’s potential while mitigating any problems
- examine any gaps in our current AI framework
- talk about where we go from here.
The town hall will start with a brief panel discussion featuring:
- Dan Quinn and Nick Berger-Thomson from our department, who are responsible for policies and programs to support responsible AI, including running our current public consultation
- Stela Solar, Director of the National Artificial Intelligence Centre
- Professor Edward Santow, Australia’s former Human Rights Commissioner, now Director of Policy and Governance at the Human Technology Institute at UTS.
The rest of the session is dedicated to hearing your questions and views on how we can use AI safely and responsibly.
The virtual town hall runs from 3:00 to 4:30 pm on Monday 31 July 2023. Register now to be part of this important conversation about the future of AI.