Future Fuels Strategy discussion paper: have your say
We are inviting feedback on a discussion paper to inform the final Future Fuels Strategy.
The Future Fuels Strategy discussion paper outlines the Government’s vision to create an environment that:
- enables consumer choice
- stimulates industry development
- reduces emissions in the road transport sector
The paper considers the role of a mix of technologies, including traditional fuel, hybrid, hydrogen fuel cell, battery electric and bio-fuelled vehicles.
The Government will focus on 3 principles to support the future fuels sector:
- addressing barriers to the roll out of new vehicle technologies to increase consumer choice
- investing in early-stage technologies to stimulate the market and drive private sector investment
- giving Australians access to improved information to help them make informed choices
Submissions are welcome until 2 April 2021.
- Ministers announced consultation on the Future Fuels Strategy on 5 February 2020
- Read about our department’s climate change strategies