Cyber Security Skills Partnership Innovation Fund round 2 now open
Applications for the second round of the Cyber Security Skills Partnership Innovation Fund are now open.
A total of $60 million is available to support innovative projects to diversify the cyber security workforce. Successful applicants will receive grants from $250,000 to $3 million.
This funding round is particularly interested in projects that will boost the participation of:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- people based in regional and remote areas
- people with neurodiverse backgrounds.
The fund aims to increase the quality and quantity of cyber security professionals in Australia. It encourages collaboration between industry and education to improve Australia’s cyber security capabilities.
The Cyber Security Skills Partnership Innovation Fund is a key component of Australia’s Cyber Security Strategy 2020. The Australian Government committed an additional $43.8 million to the program in the 2021–22 Budget.
Applications close 5 pm AEDT 6 December 2021.
- The Minister announced the opening of the second round of the fund on 25 October 2021.
- Learn about the successful applicants from the first round of the fund.
- The Australian Government released the Australia’s Cyber Security Strategy 2020 on 6 August 2020.