Consultation reveals challenges for female entrepreneurs
We have released our Boosting Female Founders Initiative Consultation Outcomes Report. The report highlights the key challenges facing female entrepreneurs and summarises themes from public consultation between 26 August and 4 October 2019.
Some challenges female entrepreneurs experience include:
- limited access to the capital necessary for their startups
- difficulty accessing supportive networks and information to assist their startups
- lack of confidence either in the founder themselves or in their business ideas
There was a strong public response to the consultation. A range of stakeholders in the startup and innovation ecosystems contributed valuable insights.
Australia-wide we received 323 submissions and heard directly from more than 380 people through focus groups and a webinar.
The outcomes report will inform the development of the Boosting Female Founders Initiative, set to launch in July 2020.
- Ministers launched the consultation on 26 August 2019.
- Ministers announced funding for the Boosting Female Founders Initiative on 21 November 2018.
- Read the Women’s Economic Security Statement 2018 on the Prime Minister and Cabinet website.
- We provide support for businesses and startups.
Connect with us
- Follow us on Twitter @business_gov_au, Facebook @business.gov.au and LinkedIn
- Join the conversation at #BoostingFemaleFounders