We extended the closing date for this consultation to 27 November 2023. The original closing date was 13 November 2023.
We are seeking input on a Future Gas Strategy.
The Future Gas Strategy will provide a medium-term (to 2035) and long-term (to 2050) plan for gas.
The strategy will investigate the supply-demand balance of gas to 2050 to meet net zero commitments. It will look at where, when and how much Australian gas is needed.
Australia’s Future Gas Strategy will help us:
- support decarbonisation of the Australian economy
- promote Australia's energy security and affordability
- enhance Australia’s reputation as an attractive trade and investment destination
- help our trade partners on their own paths to net zero.
We welcome feedback from anyone with an interest in the role of gas now and in future, including:
- gas producers and their employees
- domestic consumers, including business, households, manufacturers and retailers
- international consumers
- distributors and LNG import terminal project proponents
- community groups, unions and the general public, including First Nations.