The Australian Government will invest $59.9 million in setting up a high-integrity carbon offset scheme for Australia and countries in the Indo-Pacific region, helping to:
- boost public and private investment in climate action
- help Australia and countries in the region meet their international climate change commitments
The Indo-Pacific Carbon Offset Scheme will be designed in close partnership with partner countries and the private sector.
- The Minister announced new investments to support Indo-Pacific Partners on 23 April 2021
- Read the Technology Investment Roadmap: First Low Emissions Technology Statement 2020
- Read more about Australia’s emissions reduction strategies