APPEA 2020 Acreage Release webinar now available
We launched the 2020 Offshore Petroleum Exploration Acreage Release successfully through an APPEA Re-Connect webinar on 26 August 2020. Over 250 viewers attended the webinar from more than 130 organisations around the world.
Minster for Resources, Water and Northern Australia, the Hon Keith Pitt MP announced 42 areas for bidding, with around 100,000 square kilometres for exploration in the Bonaparte, Browse, Northern Carnarvon, Otway and Gippsland basins.
In case you missed the live broadcast, the full webinar is available online via APPEA’s webcast platform.
The webinar included presentations from:
- Keith Pitt, Minister for Resources, Water and Northern Australia (5:17 minutes)
- Tor McCaul, Managing Director, Comet Ridge Limited (@0:00 minutes)
- Dr Tom Bernecker, Director – Energy Resources Advice and Promotion Minerals, Geoscience Australia (@10:10 minutes)
- Cameron Grebe, Head of Division – Environment, NOPSEMA (@43:02 minutes)
- Q&A panel sessions with all presenters and Marie Illman, General Manager – Offshore Resources Branch, Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (@52:08 minutes)
- Access all the information, maps and files on the 2020 acreage release
- Read more about the acreage release process
Connect with us
Subscribe to Australian Petroleum News for updates on the release