Announcing Budget 2020-21
The Australian Government has handed down its 2020–21 Budget. The Budget includes measures our portfolio will implement as part of the Government’s COVID-19 Economic Recovery Plan.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the global and domestic contexts in which we operate. As Australia rebuilds, our portfolio will play a central role in the Government’s commitment to:
- reopen and strengthen the economy
- create jobs
- pave a clear road ahead for the nation
To support the Government’s agenda and secure future growth, we are leveraging and building on Australia’s strengths by:
- investing in high value-add manufacturing
- locking in lower energy costs
- investing in clean technology and emissions reduction
- building our resources industries
- accelerating digital uptake by Australian businesses
- making the most of our national science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) capabilities
We will collaborate across government and work in partnership with the private sector to support economic recovery.
Read more in our 2020–21 Portfolio Budget Statements.
Read Budget announcements from our Ministers:
- Minister for Industry, Science and Technology
- Minister for Energy and Emissions Reduction
- Minister for Resources, Water and Northern Australia
- Minister for Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business
More information on the Australian Government’s 2020-21 Budget can be found on the Australian Government’s Budget website.