2021 Greenhouse Gas Acreage Release launch webinar: register now
Registrations are open for the 2021 Offshore Greenhouse Gas Storage Acreage Release launch webinar.
We will host the free webinar in partnership with Geoscience Australia on 6 December 2021 from 2 pm AEDT.
The webinar will include:
- the Minster’s announcement of bidding areas
- presentations from Geoscience Australia and the National Offshore Petroleum Titles Administrator (NOPTA)
- a specialist panel question and answer session.
The Australian Government invites explorers and investors from Australia and overseas to attend.
The government last held an offshore greenhouse gas storage acreage release in 2014. The release allows companies to bid on areas to explore for potential greenhouse gas storage locations.
Our department will publish all release area information after the webinar.
Registrations will close at 11:59 pm AEDT Thursday 2 December 2021.
- The acreage release is an initiative to support the deployment of carbon capture and storage.
- Read about how we regulate offshore greenhouse gas storage in Australian Commonwealth waters.
- Learn more about the offshore greenhouse gas storage acreage release process.