This page belongs to: Australian Industry Participation Authority
Bindaree Beef Pty Limited
Company name: Bindaree Beef Pty Limited
Description of the project: Construction of a state-of-the-art biodigester and new rendering plant to process organic waste effluents generated by an existing abattoir. Biogas will be captured (to power boilers and to generate electricity) and water will be recycled for use on-site, or for local farm irrigation. The project will also produce liquid fertiliser to be collected for sale to domestic and international markets.
Project location: Inverell, NSW
Project contact for procurement information: +61 3 9813 3444, email@example.com
|List of goods and services to be procured for the project and the expected opportunity for industry participation||Australia Yes/No||Overseas Yes/No|
|Conceptual methodology, design and innovation - Anaerobic Digester||No||Yes|
|Front end design and engineering services - Digester/Render||Yes||Yes|
|Construction - Digester/Render||Yes||No|
|Digester plant and equipment||Yes||Yes|
|Digester - MCG system (molecular chemical grinder)||No||Yes|
|Digester - MDU (membrane distillation unit)||No||Yes|
|Digester - ultrafilter unit||No||Yes|
|Digester - biogas system||No||Yes|
|Render plant and equipment||Yes||No|
|Render cooking and processing plant and equipment||Yes||No|
|Process Control System (PLC, software and hardware)||Yes||No|
Disclaimer: The information provided in the table above is based on an initial assessment by the company. Any questions or issues should be raised with the project contact.
- Liaison with Industry Bodies – Bindaree Beef will engage with the Industry Capability Network (ICN) and industry associations (e.g. Australian Meat Industry Council, Australian Contractors Association, Australian Construction Industry Forum) to communicate opportunities and identify potential suppliers. Bindaree Beef will list this project on the ICN’s Project Gateway database.
- Community Liaison Meetings – Bindaree Beef will conduct a number of community liaison meetings where staff will be available to discuss the project with potential suppliers and encourage the registration of their interest. Dates, venue and meeting times will be advertised in the local news media “The Inverell Times”.
- Direct Contact with Industry – Bindaree Beef will engage Australian speciality abattoir equipment suppliers to ensure they are aware of the opportunities to participate in the project.
- Company Website – Bindaree Beef will utilise its website (www.bindareebeef.com.au) to promote supply opportunities and encourage potential suppliers to register their interest.
- Pre-Qualification Opportunities – Suppliers that register with Bindaree Beef will need to complete a pre-qualification questionnaire. Pre-qualified suppliers will automatically receive Requests for Tenders (RFT)/Requests for Proposals (RFP) relevant to their capabilities and capacity.
- Australian and International Standards – Where possible, Australian standards (AS4300-1995) will apply to design specifications for this project. An internationally recognised standard will be used where no relevant Australian standard exists. All efforts will be made to ensure that non-Australian standards take into account the capabilities of Australian industry.
- Supplier Assessment Process – Potential suppliers may pre-qualify after submitting details of their capabilities, capacities, qualifications, references, insurance status and financials. Potential suppliers will be provided with notification of RFT/RFPs at the same time to ensure that an equal opportunity to bid has been allocated. RFT/RFP responses will be selected on merit, regardless of country of origin, and will be assessed on experience, supporting references, value for money, quality and adherence to specifications.
- AIP Obligations for Contractors and Subcontractors – Suppliers will be contractually obligated to implement the actions of the AIP Plan in any activities (including sub-contracting) undertaken to supply goods and/or services for this project.
- Industry Participation – All procurement opportunities will be developed with Australian industry capabilities taken into account and Australian industry will be encouraged to participate.
- International Events – Where appropriate, Bindaree Beef will provide high performing project suppliers with introductions to international organisations and encourage suppliers to attend international industry forums and conferences. This will increase the exposure of project suppliers to the global supply chains of international organisations.
- Enterprise Connect Initiative – Where appropriate, project suppliers will be recommended to the “Enterprise Connect Initiative”.
- Regular Review Meetings – Regular performance management meetings with project suppliers will be conducted to identify strengths and weaknesses and to provide advice on how to improve standards.
- RFT/RFP Feedback – Potential suppliers unsuccessful in RFT/RFPs will be provided with feedback that focuses on identified weakness, and where appropriate, recommendations will be made for development activities that improve the suppliers future potential for success.
- Training and Development – Bindaree Beef will regularly review work undertaken by project suppliers/contractors to determine current capabilities and identify potential training and development opportunities.
- Referee – Bindaree Beef will act as a referee for high performing suppliers/contractors.
- Showcasing Capabilities - This project utilises state-of-the-art technology and provides project suppliers/contractors with an opportunity to gain valuable experience and to showcase their capabilities and capacities on the world stage.
- The Project Manager will have overall responsibility for AIP Plan implementation.
- Reporting procedures will be established to monitor AIP Plan implementation and collect evidence.
- An AIP Plan will be developed for internal staff and also for the distribution to potential suppliers and contractors that register their interest in Bindaree Beef projects.