Human Centred Design (HCD) 1.01 is an interactive training for policy, program and service delivery providers in the Australian Public Service (APS).
It introduces HCD principles, tools and techniques and how to apply them in your work.
Learning outcomes and approach
HCD 1.01 is developed and delivered by public servants for public servants, ensuring examples and approaches are tailored for government.
In this 3-day course you will learn:
- how to apply HCD principles to complex problems or opportunities in the public sector
- how to plan and manage projects using HCD tools and techniques, including:
- project scoping and problem definition
- user research and ethnographic techniques
- data synthesis and insight generation
- creative stimulus
- additional skills to drive innovation in government
- where this work is being used and connect with others trained in HCD to form a community of practice
You will come away with a library of techniques to use in your own context, projects and individual pieces of work.
After completing the course you will become part of our exclusive alumni network. You will have the opportunity to bring your team into BizLab to show them how to add a human centred focus to their work.
We’re currently unable to offer our Human Centred Design 1.01 or Train-the-Trainer to APS staff.
Access our course resources online.
Read more about Bizlab Academy and Human Centred Design