Australian Government submission to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and its Kyoto Protocol
Australia’s National Greenhouse Accounts are made up of a series of comprehensive reports and databases that estimate, and account for, Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions. The National Inventory Report fulfils Australia’s international inventory reporting requirements.
We submitted Australia's National Inventory Report 2011 under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and its Kyoto Protocol in 2013:
- Volume 1: Australia's data for energy (stationary energy, transport and fugitive emissions), industrial processes and product use, and agriculture.
- Volume 2: Australia's data for the Land Use, Land Use Change and Forestry (LULUCF) and waste sectors, recalculations and improvements.
- Volume 3: Australia's data for Kyoto Protocol LULUCF, Kyoto Protocol accounting requirements, glossary and references.
The National Inventory Report contains:
- national greenhouse gas emission estimates for the period 1990-2011
- preliminary estimates for 2012
It follows UNFCCC and Kyoto Protocol reporting rules.