Climate science for Australia's future
Australia’s climate is changing and will continue to change in the future. Climate science and related disciplines help identify risks and opportunities from these changes that enable informed decision-making.
The Department of the Environment and Energy developed the report for the National Climate Science Advisory Committee. The report presents the committee’s advice to the Australian Government on developing a strategy for climate science.
The report highlights 6 key components to inform decision making:
- climate observations, data, analysis and infrastructure
- climate process studies
- climate modelling and projections
- climate risk, adaption and services
- international engagement and dependencies
- research coordination and funding
It also identifies strategic actions to enhance, coordinate and deliver climate science for Australia’s benefit.
Read more about the National Climate Science Advisory Committee