The quality of our fuel has a direct impact on the quality of air we breathe and the amount of greenhouse gas in our environment. Improving Australia’s fuels standards will enable:
- vehicles to operate more effectively
- better engine and emission control technology for Australia
This regulation impact statement (RIS) forms part of measures by the Ministerial Forum on Vehicle Emissions to reduce motor vehicle emissions. The statement:
- describes fuel standards regulation in Australia
- identifies risks and opportunities
- explores major policy reform options for fuel standards
See the Ministerial Forum’s public consultation on a discussion paper and the draft RIS.