Australia’s National Hydrogen Strategy sets a vision for a clean, innovative, safe and competitive hydrogen industry that benefits all Australians. It aims to position our industry as a major global player by 2030.
The hydrogen strategy:
- explores Australia’s clean hydrogen potential
- considers future scenarios with wide ranging growth possibilities
- outlines an adaptive approach that equips Australia to scale up quickly
- includes showcases from each state and territory
- details nationally coordinated actions involving governments, industry and communities
Download the strategy
- See how we are growing Australia’s hydrogen industry through the strategy
- Clean hydrogen is a priority low emissions technology under the government’s Technology Investment Roadmap
- Clean hydrogen is part of our plan to reach net zero emissions by 2050
- Read the reviews, studies, research and analysis that informed the strategy.
Search hydrogen production regions in Australia using Geoscience Australia’s interactive tool (for best results use Chrome or Firefox)
If you experience any difficulty accessing these documents, please contact us.