Australia’s National Hydrogen Strategy sets a vision for a clean, innovative, safe and competitive hydrogen industry that benefits all Australians. It aims to position our industry as a major global player by 2030.
The hydrogen strategy:
- explores Australia’s clean hydrogen potential
- considers future scenarios with wide ranging growth possibilities
- outlines an adaptive approach that equips Australia to scale up quickly
- includes showcases from each state and territory
- details nationally coordinated actions involving governments, industry and communities
Download the strategy
- Hydrogen is a priority under the government’s first Low Emissions Technology Statement
- See how we are growing Australia’s hydrogen industry through the strategy
- Read reports that informed the strategy on the Energy Ministers website
- The COAG Energy Council and Energy Ministers agreed to the strategy on 22 November 2019
- Commonwealth Ministers launched the strategy on 23 November 2019
Search hydrogen production regions in Australia using Geoscience Australia’s interactive tool (for best results use Chrome or Firefox)
Email hydrogen [at] industry.gov.au
If you experience any difficulty accessing this document, please contact us.