Australia’s National Hydrogen Strategy
Australia’s National Hydrogen Strategy sets a vision for a clean, innovative, safe and competitive hydrogen industry that benefits all Australians. It aims to position our industry as a major player by 2030.
The strategy outlines an adaptive approach that equips Australia to scale up quickly as the hydrogen market grows. It includes a set of nationally coordinated actions involving governments, industry and the community.
- Australia’s clean hydrogen potential
- Making and taking Australia’s opportunity
- The journey to hydrogen powerhouse
- Enabling industry growth
- Building benefits for the Australian community
- Tracking progress
- Beyond 2030
- Strategic actions
- Showcase from each state and territory
- See how we’re delivering the National Hydrogen Strategy in 2020
- Read reports that informed the National Hydrogen Strategy. (Note some reports were updated after we released the strategy. These updates don't change the conclusions drawn in the strategy.)
- The COAG Energy Council and Energy Ministers agreed to the strategy on 22 November 2019
- Commonwealth Ministers explained how Australia will become a world leader in hydrogen on 23 November 2019
- We support the growth of Australia’s hydrogen industry
Connect with us
Subscribe to Australian Hydrogen News for updates on Strategy delivery
Email hydrogen [at] industry.gov.au
If you experience any difficulty accessing this document, please contact us.
Search hydrogen production regions in Australia using Geoscience Australia’s interactive tool (for best results use Chrome or Firefox)