Australia's emissions projections 2014-2015
This report explains how Australia's abatement task changed since Australia’s emissions projections 2013 . The report indicates the amount of emissions reductions required to achieve Australia's 2020 target of 5 per cent below 2000 levels was less than previous estimates.
This report estimated Australia's cumulative abatement task to 2020 at 236 million tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent (Mt CO2-e). This has fallen from the 421 Mt CO2-e estimated in December 2013.
- Australia's emissions projections 2014-15 Chart Data [158.03KB XLSX]
- Australia's abatement task: tracking to 2020 [370KB PDF] [511KB DOCX]
These sector reports provide details on the emissions projected for each sector to 2034-35.
- Electricity generation emissions projections 2014-15 [1.59MB PDF]
- Direct combustion emissions projections 2014-15 [1.91MB PDF]
- Transport emissions projections 2014-15 [2.72MB PDF]
- Fugitive emissions projections 2014-15 [1.75MB PDF]
- Industrial processes and product use emissions projections 2014-15 [2.15MB PDF]
- Agriculture emissions projections 2014-15 [2.47MB PDF]
- Waste emissions projections 2014-15 [1.09MB PDF]
- Land use, land use change and forestry emissions projections 2014-15 [1.2MB PDF]
The department commissioned consultants to produce reports to inform the 2014-15 emissions projections.
- Agricultural activity and emissions projections to 2050 (The CIE)
- Electricity sector emissions: modelling of the Australian generation sector [3.97MB PDF] [1.44MB DOCX]
- Australia's Emissions Projections 2014: Electricity Demand Projections to 2035 [623.29KB PDF] [751.61KB DOCX]
- Waste Sector Modelling and Analysis [173MB PDF] [1.08MB DOCX]
- Transport Greenhouse Gas Emissions Projections 2014-2050
- Transport Greenhouse Gas Emissions Projections 2014-2050: Supplementary results for revised oil prices [598.12KB PDF] [929.62KB DOCX]
- Australia’s emissions projections 2019
- Australia’s emissions projections 2018
- Australia’s emissions projections 2017
- Australia’s emissions projections 2016
- Australia’s emissions projections 2013
- Read how we project and forecast greenhouse gas emissions