Focussing on priorities across each of the Strategic Space Pillars.
- Focus on continuing international engagement through a proposed second stage of the ISI.
- Establish joint international missions.
- Further engage in our region where consistent with our national interests.
- Focus on investment in the remaining four civil space priorities – Leapfrog R&D, Robotics and automation on Earth and in space, Access to space, and Australia’s role in civil space situational awareness.
- Investments will be guided by the Investment Principles and sector roadmaps, which would identify which areas are being industry led and where the Government could provide effective investment.
- Progress in all civil space priority areas will be monitored, and horizon scans will identify changes to areas of competitive advantage and opportunities.
- Regulatory reform will continue to ensure safe operations in space and on the ground.
- Areas of opportunity include considering conditions and the foundations needed for space launch and human space flight from Australia.
- Investigate training priorities for the space sector, and develop a future workforce plan.
- Continue to explore and develop opportunities through industry or international partnerships, including potential ‘moonshot’ missions.
- Partner with organisations such as Questacon and the CSIRO to leverage and add support to other government STEM initiatives.