This feedback is anonymous. Please Contact us if you would like a response.

Main content area

If you believe the department has breached Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs), you can make a complaint.

The Government Procurement (Judicial Review) Act 2018 protects the rights of suppliers or potential suppliers to government agencies.

Procurement covered under the Act:

  • goods and/or services at or above $80,000 (GST inc)
  • construction services at or above $7.5 million (GST inc) not covered by an exemption

Read more about Commonwealth Procurement Rules and exemptions on the Department of Finance website.

Procurement complaint process

You can lodge a formal complaint with us or apply to the court for an injunction or compensation under the Act.

If applying for an injunction, you need to submit a complaint with us first. In both cases, you must show your interests are affected by the breach. Suppliers, potential suppliers or tenderers of covered procurement can make a complaint.

When we receive your complaint we:

  • acknowledge we’ve received it
  • assess whether it meets the criteria
  • suspend the procurement unless a Public Interest Certificate is issued
  • investigate and resolve the issue within 10 days or let you know if it will take longer

At the end of the process, you will receive a report on the outcome of the investigation.

If you are happy with the outcome, we’ll close the matter and lift any suspension.

If you are not happy with the outcome, you can:

How to submit a procurement complaint

Send your complaint with copies of all relevant documents by email to

To help us resolve your complaint quickly, include the following information in your written submission:

  • your name, supplier business name, ABN, address, phone and email
  • details of the procurement including the service, estimated contract value, relevant times and dates, AusTender ID and UNSPSC code (if known)
  • a factual and concise outline of your complaint and the relevant Commonwealth Procurement Rules you believe were breached
  • your resolution request including any costs incurred in preparing the tender and complaint
  • any other information, documents or evidence to support your complaint

You can also complain about procurement not covered under the Act. Email us or contact the Procurement Coordinator or Commonwealth Ombudsman.

Contact us


See also

Find out how to make a complaint about our programs or services.

Last updated: 11 June 2019

Content ID: 64640