Industry Growth Centres are not-for-profit organisations, each led by a board of industry experts.
They lead cultural change in their sectors and focus on:
- increasing collaboration and commercialisation
- improving international opportunities and market access
- enhancing management and workforce skills
- identifying opportunities for regulatory reform.
Each centre has a sector competitiveness plan describing:
- the 10 year strategy for the sector
- regulatory reform opportunities
- industry knowledge priorities such as skills and research requirements.
Our department administers the initiative and oversees surrounding policy.