The new Industry Partner Organisations (IPO) grants will help eligible IPOs advise innovative, small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs). This funding will help organisations work with SMEs to develop their next big idea as part of the Industry Growth Program.
Successful IPOs will receive funding to advise SMEs on a range of topics. IPO experience must align with Industry Growth Program requirements and activities on:
- government priority areas
- sector requirements and barriers to entry
- SME leadership, management and experience to grow
- IP creation, use and protection
- commercialisation and grant funding opportunities
- private sector funding and other investment opportunities.
IPOs will give sector-specific links and knowledge to complement the work of the recently appointed Industry Growth Program Advisers. Advisers are currently helping SMEs grow their business and commercialise ideas.
The IPO grants are part of the Australian Government’s $392.4 million Industry Growth Program. The program supports innovative SMEs with projects that fall under the government’s priority areas for the National Reconstruction Fund (NRF).