On this page
Through an industry-led process the Industry Growth Centres Initiative aims to drive innovation, productivity and competitiveness.
The government is funding 6 Growth Centres in sectors of competitive strength and strategic priority.
We administer the Initiative, oversee surrounding policy, and support the Growth Centres Advisory Committee.
Industry Growth Centres Initiative
Industry is best placed to drive cultural change and overcome barriers to innovation, productivity and growth. The government has tasked the Growth Centres with leading cultural change in their sectors. They focus on:
- increasing collaboration and commercialisation
- improving international opportunities and market access
- enhancing management and workforce skills
- identifying opportunities for regulatory reform
The Growth Centres are not-for-profit organisations, each led by a board of industry experts. By building capability and collaborative networks, industry sectors will be able to build stronger futures for themselves.
Each centre has its own Sector Competitiveness Plan describing:
- the 10-year strategy for the sector
- identified regulatory reform opportunities
- Industry Knowledge Priorities such as skills and research requirements
The Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre, AMGC, is working with the sector to drive cultural change, increase competitiveness, unlock new commercial opportunities and foster innovation.
- delivering the AMGC Sector Competiveness Plan
- delivering the Advanced Manufacturing Early Stage Research Fund in collaboration with the department
- co-funding over a dozen industry-led collaborative projects to develop new materials, innovative products and enhanced industrial processes
- providing practical advice to help manufacturers build their resilience
Last updated: 8 December 2020
Content ID: 68365