On this page
Designated Verified Carbon Standard projects method
This Methodology Determination (method) implements the VCS methodology VM0010—Methodology for improved forest management: Conversion from logged to protected forest.
This method was only available to projects registered under the VCS method that were then registered under the Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF) before 30 June 2015. Under the method, crediting is based on avoided emissions from protecting and not harvesting native forests on private land.
Using the method
The department is responsible for developing the methods and has policy oversight of the ERF.
The Clean Energy Regulator manages project registration, compliance and crediting emissions reductions for projects under the ERF.
Developing the method
The Emissions Reduction Assurance Committee (ERAC) conducts public consultations. Once finalised the ERAC advises the Minister on whether the method meets the offsets integrity standards.
Public consultation, drafting of the method, and the ERAC’s advice to the Minister is on the department’s Consultation Hub.
- Read about the method under the Verified Carbon Standard
- Environmental data for the ERF is available on data.gov.au
- The department is responsible for developing methodology determinations
- The Emissions Reduction Fund incentivises Australian businesses to cut the amount of greenhouse gases they create and to undertake activities that store carbon
- This method is enabled by the Carbon Credits (Carbon Farming Initiative) Act 2011 which also enables the 2015 Rule and 2011 Regulations
Last updated: 8 December 2020
Content ID: 67373