Space technology and services benefit all Australians. Space-based technology underpins a lot of the daily conveniences Australians have come to expect.
- weather forecasting
- emergency management
- internet access
- online banking
Space technology can also assist:
- farmers to monitor the health of their crops
- emergency response workers track bushfires
- autonomous mining vehicles
Securing the future of Australia’s space sector is at the core of Advancing Space: Australian Civil Space Strategy 2019-2028. The Australian space sector is a set of space-related activities along the space value chain. See all Agency publications.
On this page
We’re focusing on market gaps, emerging areas and areas of competitive advantage. Collaboration between government, our R&D sector and industry is growing. Our space economy is strong in production areas and we're building upstream capabilities.
Read more about developing national capability.
Australia's space capability is stronger because we take part in:
- international forums
We also leverage global partnerships to open the door to Australian innovators.
Read more about how we’re leading international collaboration.
We authorise Australian space activities including high power rockets. Our role is to:
- assure safety and national interests
- meet international obligations
- promote a globally respected space sector culture.
See how the Australian Space Discovery Centre is inspiring the nation and supporting the future workforce.
Australia is heading to the Moon with the G’day moon campaign. The campaign is supported by the Trailblazer program.
We're helping Australian businesses participate in the global space market.
We’re a non-statutory entity located within the department, and headquartered in Adelaide. Read more about who we are, how we’re organised and what we do.
Read more about the work we do in our publications library.
Follow us on social media and subscribe for updates. Visit Australian Space Agency news.
- Follow us on Twitter @AusSpaceAgency
- Join us on Facebook @australianspaceagency
- Australian Space Agency on LinkedIn
- Australian Space Agency YouTube channel
- Subscribe to email updates for the latest news. Catch up on past editions of the Agency newsletter
- Buy Australian Space Agency merchandise from Questacon