Unlocking new agriculture investment in the north
This month, the Cooperative Research Centre for Developing Northern Australia (CRCNA) announced a project to unlock new investment in the north’s agriculture sector.
Working in partnership with PwC and Austrade, the project will:
- bring together key investors and stakeholders with an interest in northern agriculture
- identify those with appetite and expertise to manage the risks and uncertainty of new agricultural development in the north
Austrade Senior Investment Specialist, Anne Maree Weston said, “There is significant interest in unlocking new agricultural development across the north. But prospective investors are wary about real and perceived challenges. We want these investors to know that northern Australia is open for business and they can invest here with confidence.”
The final report and recommendations will be complete by early 2020.
This project complements the work the Office of Northern Australia is currently doing in the north. This includes research into water resources, investing in better roads and supporting new industries through the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility.
- For more articles and updates about northern Australia, subscribe to our Our North Our Future eNews
- Read more about the project on the CRCNA website
- Read more about the northern Australia agenda
Connect with us
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 08 8923 4403