Testing and analytics services over the Christmas period
The National Measurement Institute (NMI) laboratory at North Ryde will close over the Christmas break.
If you want us to test and report environmental and organic residue samples before the break, make sure you submit samples before our deadlines.
The North Ryde laboratory will:
- close for sample receipt 12 noon (AEDT) on Thursday, 24 December
- reopen 8:30am (AEDT) on Monday, 4 January 2021
- Dioxins and furans in any matrix by Thursday, 12 November.
- PFAS in biota or serum by Thursday, 26 November.
- Samples requiring a standard 7-working-day turnaround by Tuesday morning, 15 December. This includes low-level organic residues, PFAS in soil and water, glyphosate, organotins and chloropropanols.
- Samples requiring a standard 5-working-day turnaround time by Thursday morning, 17 December. This includes Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) and air canisters.
Samples we receive after deadlines
If we receive samples after these dates we will extract them if we have time. If not, we will:
- freeze liquid or solid samples
- store packaged food samples as specified on the packet
- store air samples at ambient temperature
We will process samples received after our deadlines when the offices reopen in early 2021. Note this may have implications for your samples’ recommended holding times.
If you require shorter than standard turnarounds, please let us know immediately before you despatch samples. We will look at each request on a case by case basis, and will facilitate processing and analysis before Christmas wherever possible.
To ask about sending samples to the North Ryde lab:
- Phone 02 9449 0111
- Email email@example.com
- Read about Environmental testing and analytical services
- Read about Dioxins, furans, polychlorinated biphenyls and polybrominated diphenyl ethers analytical services
- See all our testing and analytical services
- Learn more about the National Measurement Institute and see our laboratory and office locations around Australia