Techtonic 2.0: National Artificial Intelligence Summit 2021
Australia’s second National Artificial Intelligence (AI) Summit – Techtonic 2.0 was live-streamed in June 2021.
This free online event featured a panel of local and international AI experts who explored the current and future potential of AI technology. Bringing together local and international AI experts, the event program included:
- Keynote address: Welcoming remarks and a speech from the Minister for Industry, Science and Technology.
- AI applications in manufacturing: An in-depth panel discussion on AI potential in Australian manufacturing.
- AI Primer: Gradient Institute, a research institute specilaised in responsible AI technology, explored cutting-edge AI technologies.
- Putting AI ethics principles into practice: translating Australia’s AI ethics principles into practice and investigating the challenges that different organisations face in ensuring their ethical development and use of AI.
- The next wave of AI technologies: the future of AI and what we can expect from the technology in the next 5–10 years.
- How to AI-proof our workforce: the impact of AI on the workforce and our skills system and what we can learn from previous waves of industry transformation.
- Using AI to deliver for citizens: how all Australians can benefit from AI and how it can be used to deliver better outcomes for regional and marginalised Australians.
- Future opportunities for AI in Australia: An in-depth panel discussion on Australia’s AI future.
- Closing remarks: A speech from the Minister for Digital Economy and reflections from Australia’s Chief Scientist.
- Read the whole-of-government AI Action Plan
- The Minister launched Techtonic on 15 November 2019
- Read our AI Ethics Framework
- Read more about our department and AI
Connect with us
subscribe to our newsletter for AI in Australia updates