Registration is now open for Techtonic 2.0: National Artificial Intelligence Summit
Registrations are now open for our second artificial intelligence (AI) summit, Techtonic 2.0.
The online event, initially scheduled for 22 April 2021 has been postponed.
The new event date will be announced in the coming weeks.
AI has the potential to change our lives for the better. It will increase productivity, forge new industries and enable more inclusive services. This will boost the economy, create new jobs, and improve our quality of life.
Techtonic 2.0 is an opportunity for you to hear from and interact with inspiring local and international AI experts.
Talks will highlight the current and future potential of this paradigm shifting technology.
As well as a session focusing on AI applications in manufacturing, the event will also have four break out streams to explore:
- Putting AI ethics principles into practice: the translation of Australia’s AI ethics principles into practice and the challenges that different organisations face in ensuring their development and use of AI is ethical
- The next wave of AI technologies: future of AI and what can we expect from AI in the next 5 to 10 years
- How do we AI proof our workforce: the impact of AI on the workforce and our skills system and what we can learn from previous waves of industry transformation
- Using AI to deliver for citizens: how all Australians can benefit from AI and how AI be used to deliver better outcomes for regional and marginalised Australians
The summit builds on the success of the first Techtonic summit and our recent work with the AI ethics pilot with industry and consultation on the forthcoming AI Action Plan.
All sessions will be recorded and uploaded to our website after the event so you can watch all of the sessions on demand.
Register for Techtonic 2.0
Watch our video
- Read the Department’s AI Action Plan Discussion Paper
- The Minister launched Techtonic on 15 November 2019
- Read our AI Ethics Framework
- Read more about our department's commitment to ensuring AI helps our economy and society thrive