Moon to Mars Program design: Have your say
The Australian Space Agency has launched consultations across the country to seek feedback and input on the design of the $150 million Moon to Mars initiative and grant opportunities.
The Moon to Mars initiative is a $150 million investment over five years to:
- provide an opportunity to showcase to the world Australia’s best ideas and technologies that can support space missions to the Moon and on to Mars
- fuel the growth of Australian businesses so they can thrive in international space supply chains that support Moon to Mars activities
- create jobs and support the transformation of industries across Australia
Head of the Australian Space Agency Dr Megan Clark AC said the Moon to Mars initiative will fast-track the growth of Australia’s space industry through a range of grant opportunities.
“By supporting the growth and transformation of industries across the economy, the investment will create jobs in Australia, boost emerging and existing industry capabilities, and inspire the next generation,” Dr Clark said.
“Australia has a range of capabilities that can support international space activities. The investment will provide a path for Australian businesses to secure a bigger share of the global space market and show the world we are ready for investment.
“Importantly, these investments are being made here in Australia and will benefit other areas of our economy. For example, new space technologies like advanced communications will have the ability to improve communications here on Earth, and new robotic and automation techniques can be used in areas beyond the space sector.
“We are committed to accelerating the growth of Australia’s space sector, supporting our target to triple the size of the space economy to $12 billion and creating another 20,000 jobs by 2030.”
The Agency is seeking consideration of the proposed objectives, delivery framework and potential areas of investment which will develop Australia’s industry and inspire the public.
To support the consultation we are running in-person sessions around Australia in February and March.
Learn more or register to attend:
- Hobart: Friday 14 February
- Melbourne: Monday 17 February
- Adelaide: Thursday 20 February
- Perth: Friday 21 February
- Sydney: Monday 24 February
- Canberra: Tuesday 25 February
- Brisbane: Friday 28 February
- Darwin: Monday 2 March
Have your say
Visit our Consultation hub to provide feedback. The request for input closes on 6 March 2020.
- The Prime Minister announced support for the initiative on 21 September 2019
- Read more about the Australian Space Agency
Connect with us
- Follow us on Twitter @AusSpaceAgency
- Australian Space Agency YouTube channel
- Australian Space Agency on LinkedIn
- Subscribe to updates