Mission ready testing of space equipment
We are growing Australia’s space sector by investing in infrastructure.
The payload qualification facilities grant, under the Space Infrastructure Fund is now open.
This funding will expand and improve existing facilities for testing space objects in Australia. Australian business and researchers will be able to test their space objects, like satellites on our soil.
By addressing gaps in Australia’s space infrastructure we are supporting manufacturing and streamlining the testing of space equipment right here in Australia.
An audit of existing payload qualification and testing facilities in Australia found a range of level one capability. This capability includes mandatory testing requirements for launch such as mechanical vibration, and vacuum bake out.
The audit identified gaps or limited availability in level two and level three capabilities. These higher level capabilities provide greater mission assurance, such as thermal vacuum, altitude control and ionising radiation.
The grant opportunity will focus on level two and/or three capabilities.
The $2.5 million space payload qualification facilities grant opportunity closes on 21 January 2021.
- Read more about the Space Infrastructure Fund
- Read more about the Australian Civil Space Strategy
- Read more about the Australian Space Agency
Connect with us
- Follow us on Twitter @AusSpaceAgency
- Follow us on Facebook @australianspaceagency
- Australian Space Agency on LinkedIn
- Australian Space Agency YouTube channel
- Subscribe to email updates for the latest news
- Buy Australian Space Agency merchandise from Questacon