Inaugural Australian Space Agency Advisory Group meeting
The first meeting of the independent Australian Space Agency Advisory Group was held Canberra this week. Members come from a range of industry and academia organisations, with skills in space law and regulation, global space context, R&D, venture capital, commercialisation and start-up activities.
“We welcome the extraordinary individual and collective expertise of the Advisory Group to support the Agency to achieve its purpose to transform and grow a globally respected space industry,” said Head of the Australian Space Agency, Dr Megan Clark AC.
“We acknowledge the Advisory Group is an important part of our governance arrangements, consistent with our Charter.”
The Group’s initial discussion centred on:
- strategic direction and performance of the Agency
- overview of the Australian Civil Space Strategy and priority areas
- agency programs, including the Space Infrastructure Fund and International Space Investment initiative
- business development activities including national and international engagement
- regulatory progress and activities to support Australia’s international obligations
- Read more about the Advisory Group
- Read more about the Australian Space Agency
- Read Advancing Space, the Australian Civil Space Strategy 2018-2028