Hydrogen Certification Scheme: have your say
The government is undertaking consultation via an online survey on the design of a Hydrogen Certification Scheme.
A hydrogen certification scheme is a standardised process of tracing and certifying where and how we make hydrogen. It provides consumers with transparency around the environmental impacts of the hydrogen they use, for example, greenhouse gas emissions.
We are seeking feedback from state and territory stakeholders and industry representatives. This includes industry participants who are a producers or consumers of hydrogen.
The survey key areas of interest are:
- whether a scheme should have a domestic or international focus
- when a scheme should begin operating
- how it should align with existing regulations and frameworks
We are also seeking feedback about environmental regulations and measurement, such as carbon accounting methods.
The survey is open until 22 June 2020.
- Subscribe to Australian Hydrogen News
- Read how we are growing the Australian hydrogen industry
Email Hydrogen [at] industry.gov.au