Defence manufacturing funding now available under the Modern Manufacturing Initiative
Funding is now available for defence manufacturing projects under the Modern Manufacturing Initiative (MMI).
Open funding streams
If you’re undertaking defence manufacturing projects you can apply for funding support under the:
- Manufacturing translation stream: helps Australian manufacturers translate high quality research and ideas into commercial outcomes
- Manufacturing integration stream: helps Australian manufacturers to access domestic and global supply chains and distribute quality products and high value services into them
Successful National Manufacturing Priority projects are eligible to receive up to 50% of funding.
Applications for the third MMI stream—the Manufacturing collaboration stream—will open later this year.
Road map for defence sector
The industry-led Defence National Manufacturing Priority road map is now available to guide your application under the MMI.
This road map will help grow Australia in scale and competitiveness in defence manufacturing. This will situate us with world leading defence capabilities and support for businesses that venture in new sectors – while growing their own capabilities.
More priority sector road maps
Three more National Manufacturing Priority area road maps are also available:
We will release the remaining roadmap in coming weeks:
- Recycling and Clean Energy
- The Minister announced funding for defence manufacturing on 31 March 2021
- The MMI is the centrepiece of Make it Happen: The Australian Government’s Modern Manufacturing Strategy
- National Manufacturing Priorities Road map Taskforces are developing the road maps