Australia’s greenhouse gas accounts for 2019
Australia’s National Greenhouse Accounts for 2019 are now available.
The National Greenhouse Accounts estimate, and account for, Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions. They comprise a series of comprehensive reports and databases including the:
- National Inventory Report 2019
- State and Territory Greenhouse Gas Inventories 2019
- National Inventory by Economic Sector 2019
The National Inventory Report fulfils Australia’s international inventory reporting requirements on greenhouse gas emissions. We submitted this report under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and its Kyoto Protocol on 15 April 2021.
The accounts cover the time period 1990-2019. This year’s issue features interactive data. It allows you to easily generate graphs by a range of sectors, by state and territory, and by common metrics. You can also download the full dataset and learn about the methodology we use to track emissions.
Read the reports and explore the data.
- See how we track and report greenhouse gas emissions as part of Australia’s National Greenhouse Accounts
- Read about our department’s climate change strategies
Email nationalgreenhouseaccounts [at] industry.gov.au