A new Head for the Australian Space Agency
The international search is over. Australia has found their new Head of the Australian Space Agency, Mr Enrico Palermo.
Currently the Chief Operating Officer of Virgin Galactic Holdings, Mr Palermo brings extensive experience to the role. This includes forming The Spaceship Company, which designed the first spaceship for commercial service.
Mr Palermo will return home to Australia to start the role on 28 January 2021. He will replace Dr Megan Clark AC, who has led the Agency since July 2018.
Her achievements include setting the strategic pathway for Australia’s civil space sector and securing agreements with international space agencies. Dr Clark will continue to support the Australian Space Agency as Chair of the Advisory Board.
Mr Palermo’s background in engineering, commercialisation and innovation will be a great asset to Australia and our next generation who are aiming for a career in the space industry. His leadership will provide strong direction for the Agency as it seeks to create jobs, benefit the economy and improve life on Earth.
- The Prime Minister and Minister announced the appointment on 13 November 2020
- Read more about the Australian Space Agency
Connect with us
- Follow us on Twitter @AusSpaceAgency
- Follow us on Facebook @australianspaceagency
- Australian Space Agency on LinkedIn
- Australian Space Agency YouTube channel
- Subscribe to email updates for the latest news
- Buy Australian Space Agency merchandise from Questacon