The National Measurement Institute (NMI)’s annual nationwide compliance program will ensure all Australians are getting what they pay for.
The 2019-20 National Compliance Plan aims to instil confidence in consumers and includes:
- visits to 10,000 businesses, testing 10,000 measuring instruments, inspecting 70,000 lines of packaged goods and 1000 ‘secret shopper’ trial purchases
- blitzes on major supermarkets, fuel retailers, licensed premises, and meat, fish and poultry retailers
- a review of sales practices in the livestock industry
Read more about compliance activities in the plan.
- The Minister announced the 2019-20 National Compliance Plan on 7 July 2019
- Read how NMI is ensuring retailers and wholesalers measure goods accurately
To report a suspected breach or find out more about trade measurement laws:
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 1300 686 664