Join us in Sydney on 17 April 2019 for a lively panel discussion on diversity and inclusion in the STEM community.
We have partnered with National Measurement Institute (NMI), CSIRO and ANSTO to offer staff from Australia's science agencies an opportunity to:
- explore why diversity and inclusion in the sciences promotes innovative thinking and big ideas
- learn how agencies are using best practice to promote diversity and inclusion
- engage with agency leaders on challenges driving culture change
- identify everyday ways to make a difference and help their agencies thrive
Speakers and panelists
Speakers Mary Ann O'Loughlin AM (Deputy Secretary, DIIS), Dr Adi Paterson (CEO, ANSTO/Male Champion of Change), and Jane Coram (Director, CSIRO Land and Water, and former CEO, NMI) will set the scene.
They will be joined by panellists including:
- Dr Wafa El-Adhami, Executive Director, SAGE, Australian Academy of Science and the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering
- Dr Bruce Warrington, Acting CEO and Chief Metrologist, NMI
- Ms Rachael Jackson, General Manager, People and Planning, DIIS
- Dr Keith McLean, Director, CSIRO Manufacturing / Male Champion of Change
- Dr Simone Richter, Group Executive, Nuclear Science & Technology and Landmark Infrastructure, ANSTO
Jane Urquhart (Head, Science and Commercialisation Policy Division, DIIS) will facilitate the panel.
Registration and event details
This free event will be held at Lehany Theatre in Lindfield, from 9am to 2pm.
Seating is limited, so secure your place early. A limited number of video-conferencing links will be available.
Learn more, view the speaker list or register via eventbrite