The Moon to Mars initiative gives Australian businesses and researchers the opportunity to showcase their immense knowledge and capabilities in projects that can support NASA’s Moon to Mars program.
Accelerating the growth of Australia’s space industry
Funded by a $150 million investment over 5 years, the initiative:
- showcases Australia’s best ideas and technologies for the support of space missions to the Moon and Mars
- enables Australian businesses to thrive in international space supply chains
- creates jobs and supports industry transformation across Australia
Joining NASA in lunar exploration and beyond
The initiative is a result of our partnership with NASA on future space cooperation. This partnership launched in September 2019.
The Australian Space Agency has designed three integrated elements to the initiative.
Supply Chain Program
The Supply Chain Program:
- targets projects and activities to deliver products and services into domestic and international space supply chains
- offers support through grants and facilitation
The Demonstrator Program showcases Australian industry’s strengths to the world. It provides a pathway to develop and launch products that will:
- create new capability
- enable new business ventures, revenue streams or markets
The Trailblazer Program is our inspirational flagship program, supporting NASA’s return to the Moon and on to Mars. It will:
- contribute flagship Australian space capability within an international space exploration program
- leverage Australia’s competitive strengths in space and showcase Australian capabilities to the world
How to apply
Competitive grant rounds will be listed on this page while a round is open.
To find out more about Moon to Mars opportunities, subscribe to our newsletter.
We sought feedback on the initiative’s design in February and March 2020. Public consultation is now closed. See how the public had their say.
Connect with us
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 1800 087 367 (within Australia) / +61 2 6276 1166
- Head office: Lot Fourteen, McEwin Building. North Terrace, Adelaide, SA 5000
- Write to us at Australian Space Agency, GPO Box 2013, CANBERRA ACT 2601