On this page
Moon to Mars: opportunities for Australian businesses
The Moon to Mars initiative gives Australian businesses and researchers the opportunity to showcase their immense knowledge and capabilities in projects that can support NASA’s Moon to Mars program.
Accelerating the growth of Australia’s space industry
Funded by a $150 million investment over 5 years, the initiative:
- showcases Australia’s best ideas and technologies for the support of space missions to the Moon and Mars
- enables Australian businesses and researchers to thrive in national and international space supply chains
- creates jobs and supports industry transformation across Australia
Joining NASA in lunar exploration and beyond
The Moon to Mars initiative is a result of our partnership with NASA on future space cooperation. This partnership launched in September 2019.
The Australian Space Agency has designed three integrated elements to the initiative.
Supply Chain Program
The Supply Chain Program targets projects and activities to deliver products and services into domestic and international space supply chains. It also offers support offers support through grants and facilitation.
The Supply Chain program consists of two elements:
- non-competitive capability grants which are now open
- supply chain engagement and facilitation
The Demonstrator Program showcases Australian industry’s strengths to the world. It provides a pathway to develop and launch products into space that will:
- create new capability and build space heritage
- enable new business ventures, revenue streams or markets
The program has two elements:
- open competitive feasibility grants
- open competitive mission grants
The Demonstrator Feasibility grants are now open.
The Trailblazer program is our inspirational flagship program. It supports NASA’s space exploration program, and their plans to return to the Moon and then go on to Mars. It will:
- contribute flagship Australian space capability within an international space exploration program
- leverage Australia’s competitive strengths in space and showcase Australian capabilities to the world
How to apply
The Supply Chain capability improvements grants are now open. Visit the Business Grants Hub for more information or to apply.
To find out more about Moon to Mars opportunities, subscribe to our newsletter.
We sought feedback on the initiative’s design in February and March 2020. Public consultation is now closed. See how the public had their say.
- The Prime Minister announced support for the initiative on 21 September 2019
- Read how we are transforming the space industry
Connect with us
- Follow us on Twitter @AusSpaceAgency
- Join us on Facebook @australianspaceagency
- Australian Space Agency on LinkedIn
- Australian Space Agency YouTube channel
- Subscribe to email updates for the latest news. Catch up on past editions of the Agency newsletter
Last updated: 4 March 2021
Content ID: 67017