Minister’s assessment of the preferred site for the National Radioactive Waste Management Facility
The Minister for Resources and Northern Australia identified that radioactive waste can be safely and securely managed by establishing and operating the facility at Napandee, near Kimba, South Australia.
The Minister’s assessment sets out the factors he considered in identifying the suitable site, in line with the National Radioactive Waste Management Act 2012.
The site assessment and community sentiment documents informed the Minister.
- See how the communities had their say and read the public submissions we published on our Consultation hub
- See all our radioactive waste reports, assessments and information we provided to communities during the site selection process
- Read more about the site selection process
- Read how the Australian Radioactive Waste Management Agency will establish and operate the facility
- Email radioactivewaste [at] industry.gov.au
- Phone 13 28 46
If you experience any difficulty accessing these documents, please contact us.