Management capability survey
The Management Capability Survey sampled over 15,000 businesses to provide insights into Australian management practices.
The project is a collaboration between the Office of the Chief Economist, the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), the University of Technology Sydney, and Stanford University (USA).
The survey is a resource to help researchers:
- examine management practices in Australian businesses
- analyse management capability and its impact on productivity and economic growth
- evaluate industry programs that focus on management capability
- benchmark Australian management capability against the USA and other countries
The sample covered a wide range of sectors and all firm sizes.
The survey develops a comprehensive business management dataset. It includes questions on:
- performance monitoring
- target setting
- incentives and people management
- strategic planning and management
- use of data in decision-making
The ABS released the first official survey data on 25 August 2017.
The data is linked to the Business Longitudinal Analysis Data Environment (BLADE). This allows researchers to draw on integrated data and look at the relationship between management and financial performance.
- Email email@example.com
- Phone +61 2 6213 6000
Find out about the work of the Office of the Chief Economist.