Land sector estimates: May 2017 update
This summary report focusses on land sector estimates in Australia’s submission to United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
We made significant recalculations in this submission. The estimation of net emissions from 'Forest land converted to grasslands' and 'Land converted to forest' reflect:
- new, advanced methods for forest and harvest detection
- estimation of mature forest biomass
- calibration of the Full Carbon Accounting Model (FullCAM) model for improved forest carbon dynamics, using the latest available data and science from the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
As a result, we can be more confident in these estimates.
- Read how we updated estimates based on evidence on fugitive emissions from the gas industry
- We submitted Australia's National Inventory Report 2015 under the UNFCCC and its Kyoto Protocol in May 2017
- See how we track and report greenhouse gas emissions
If you experience any difficulty accessing this document, please contact us.