Flight Safety Code
The Flight Safety Code supports the Space (Launches and Returns) Act 2018 and relevant legislative instruments. It is referred to in the Space (Launches and Returns) General Rules and High Power Rocket Rules.
The code provides a quantitative approach to ensuring risks associated with certain civil space and high power rocket activities in Australia are as low as reasonably practicable. It should be used when applying for:
- Australian launch permits
- high power rocket permits
- certain return authorisations
The Flight Safety Code’s risk hazard analysis provides methods to:
- identify potential hazards during launches or returns that may cause harm to public health and safety
- analyse the risks associated with these hazards
- develop measures to minimise those risks and ensure they remain below the established launch safety standards
- See how we regulate and authorise Australian space activities
- Read more about the Australian Space Agency
- General enquiries, email email@example.com
- Media enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone +61 2 6276 1166
If you experience any difficulty accessing information in these documents, please contact us.