Australia’s resources sector is already supported by long standing and consistent policy frameworks at state and federal levels. The Resources 2030 Taskforce outlined some areas for focus.
Many of the actions outlined here draw on the recommendations and other consultation by the government.
The government, working in partnership with stakeholders, will therefore develop and implement a suite of actions in addition to current measures to secure our vision for the Australian resources sector.
- Action 1: Delivering the most globally attractive and competitive investment destination for resources projects
- Action 2: Open up new industries and resources regions
- Action 3: Better focus the sector’s innovation and R&D on long-term, sectoral growth
- Action 4: Develop and retain the world’s best workforce
- Action 5: Deliver better outcomes for stronger and more engaged communities