Australian Radioactive Waste Management Framework
Australia is committed to providing safe and sustainable radioactive waste management over generations. This includes allocating adequate financial and human resources.
- sets out principles and long term goals for radioactive waste management in Australia
- outlines the approach we’re taking to managing radioactive waste throughout its life cycle
- ensures waste can be safely managed in a single National Radioactive Waste Management Facility.
- Read our response to the Senate Economic References Committee report into the site selection process for the facility
- Read how the Australian Radioactive Waste Management Agency will establish and operate the facility
- Read waste management principles on ANSTO’s website
- Email arwa [at] industry.gov.au
- Phone 13 28 46
If you experience any difficulty accessing this document, please contact us.