To guide the Australian Government’s investments in the space sector, the following principles will maximise the benefit to industry and minimise market distortions. Investments should:
- Align, and be consistent with the Strategy, the Australian Space Agency’s purpose, government policy priorities, and Australia’s economic and national interest.
- Align with Australia’s National Civil Space Priorities.
- Target a gap in the market, market failures and inefficiencies, including enabling infrastructure that will bring industry to scale.
- Leverage contributions from other sources, for example from academia or research organisations, industry, state and territory governments, and international counterparts.
- Have the potential for significant impact in Australia’s space sector or the use of space in the broader economy.
These principles will be applied consistent with existing government policy, for example the Foreign Influence Transparency Scheme.