There are 4 release areas in the Bonaparte and Browse Basin, offshore Northern Australia.
Release area locations:
- Vulcan Sub-basin
- Londonderry High
- Yampi Shelf
- View petroleum geology information for the Bonaparte Basin and the Browse Basin from Geoscience Australia
- For wells and survey information search the interactive NOPIMS database
Maps and shapefiles
Maps show the release areas in bathymetric detail. They also include other permit locations, known petroleum accumulations and wells. Shapefiles show the areas in vector format for geographic information system (GIS) software.
View high resolution release area maps:
- Vulcan Sub-basin release area map [1.56MB PNG]
- Londonderry High release area map [2.94MB PNG]
- Yampi Shelf release area map [2.01MB PNG]
Block diagrams show the coordinates of release area boundaries.
View block diagrams:
- Vulcan Sub-basin block diagram [188KB JPEG]
- Londonderry High block diagram [380KB JPEG]
- Yampi Shelf block diagram [265KB JPEG]
Block listings provide graticular block numbers and 1:1,000,000 map sheet references that identify each release area.
Marine parks and international jurisdictions
The following areas overlap with marine parks and international jurisdictions.
• The 1997 Perth Treaty area overlaps with release area W21-1
• The Oceanic Shoals Multiple Use Zone (IUCN VI) overlaps with release area W21-1
• The Kimberley Multiple Use Zone (IUCN VI) overlaps with release area W21-3
How to bid
Work-program bidding closes on Thursday 3 March 2022.
Find out how to file your application.
Foreign investors need to submit evidence of a Foreign Investment Review Board decision with the application.
About these files
If you experience any difficulty accessing this information, please email email@example.com.